How close to campus are you?
How many apartments/rooms are available?
When can I move in?
Do I need renters insurance?
Are there requirements to live at the Tropicana Villas?
If I am over 21, do I need to have a guarantor?
Do I have to be a college student to live here?
When do I put down a deposit?
When is my first payment due?
Can I use my financial aid to pay my rent?
What if I need to cancel my lease?
BEFORE THINKING OF CANCELLING - HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THE FOLLOWING:
1. Try resolving any issues you may have with roommates that may be potentially causing conflict?
2. Have you tried including a Resident Assistant or another Tropicana Staff member to help resolve any potential conflicts?
3. Have you considered requesting a room change (Note: there is a $200 room move fee)?
4. Have you considered placing an ad on Craigslist, UCSB's Housing Site, to see if someone would be willing to take over your contract?
Tropicana Student Living has a cancellation policy as follows:
A. Cancel by June 30, 2017 - $500.00 cancellation fee
B. Cancel between July 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017 = $1,500.00 cancellation fee (plus pro-rated daily rate, if any)
C. Cancellation between August 1, 2017 - first day of the contract = $2,500.00 cancellation fee (plus pro-rated daily rate, if any)
D. Cancel after the first day of the contract - The greater of $2,000.00 or 50% of the remaining contract (based on the pro -rated daily rate) fee
Notes about the Cancellation Policy:
1.Student/Guarantor has the right to find an acceptable replacement student that Tropicana Student Living agrees is a suitable replacement to avoid paying cancellation fee. A $500.00 administrative fee will apply to lease takeovers.
2.If you cancel your contract, to finalize your bill, we will take the following steps.
(a.) We will calculate the total contract amount for the year and prorate the number of nights responsible during the contract.
(b.) We will then add the cancellation fee according to the date of the cancellation.
(c.) We add the cancellation fee, plus the nightly rate and number of days in contract and add any other fees or outstanding balances remaining on your account to determine your final account balance.
3. If you cancel your contract, you lose the right to park at our facility or to resell your space, and you will not be refunded any money for parking.
4. Your Villas Student Organization Fee will be forfeited.
5. Your security deposit will be returned less the $50.00 cleaning fee and any other damage charges and outstanding balances. (The $50.00 cleaning fee includes steam cleaning of the carpet and normal cleaning, but does not include removal of items, etc.)
6. Once you have checked out, signed a cancellation form and your account is paid in full, you will be relieved of your contractual duties.
Note: If you are a member of the United States Armed Forces on active duty and receive change-of-station orders to permanently leave the local area; are returned to active military duty; or are a national guard or reservist called to active duty, then you may terminate the Contract by giving written notice to us from the US Government.
What type of transportation is available?
Are pets allowed?
You are welcome to bring your pet fish, with a tank up to 10 gallons.
Do you have quiet hours?
What are your drug and alcohol policies?
- Possession of illegal drugs is prohibited. We do not honor Medicinal Marijuana Cards.
- By state law, residents under 21 years of age may not consume alcohol.
- Residents over 21 years of age may consume alcohol in their apartment or room, but not in the presence of minors or in public areas.