How close to campus are you?
How many apartments/rooms are available?
When can I move in?
Do I need renters insurance?
Are there requirements to live at the Tropicana Villas?
If I am over 21, do I need to have a guarantor?
Do I have to be a college student to live here?
When do I put down a deposit?
When is my first payment due?
Can I use my financial aid to pay my rent?
What if I need to cancel my lease?
For current residents, please consult the Contract Termination section of your contract on your MyTropAccount.
Tropicana Student Living has a cancellation policy as follows:
- Cancellation received through July 31st = $0 cancellation fee
- Cancellation received between August 1 - one day prior to the start of the contract = $2,500.00 cancellation fee (plus pro-rated daily rate, if any
- Cancellations are not allowed after the contract start date (Resident must find an acceptable replacement student to take over the contract and subsequent payments
BEFORE THINKING OF CANCELLING - HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THE FOLLOWING:
- Try resolving any issues you may have with roommates that may be potentially causing conflict?
- Have you tried including a Resident Assistant or another Tropicana Staff member to help resolve any potential conflicts?
- Have you considered requesting a room change (Note: there is a $200 room move fee)?
- Have you considered placing an ad on Craigslist, UCSB's Housing Site, to see if someone would be willing to take over your contract?
Notes about the Cancellation Policy:
- Student/Guarantor has the right to find an acceptable replacement that Tropicana Student Living agrees is a suitable replacement (must meet the same admissions criteria required for all residents) to avoid paying a cancellation fee. A $500.00 Administrative Fee will be assessed for lease replacements.
- You will continue to be responsible for your contract until a confirmed replacement is found. The replacement will be charged beginning the day they sign their contract through the end date of the contract. Similarly, you will be charged from your contract start date through the start date of the replacement contract. Any financial incentive arrangement between you and the replacement will be handled between the two of you. Your account will include charges for the pro-rated occupancy and the $500 lease takeover fee. The replacement account will be billed for the pro-rated period beginning with their contract start date and concluding at the end (or later) of the originally signed contract. All payments due on the account must be received and verified before the replacement is approved.
- Your Tropicana Student Organization Fee will be forfeited.
- Your security deposit will be returned less the $50.00 cleaning fee and any other damage charges and outstanding balances. (The $50.00 cleaning fee includes steam cleaning of the carpet and normal cleaning, but does not include removal of items, etc.)
If you are a member of the United States Armed Forces on active duty and receive change-of-station orders to permanently leave the local area; are returned to active military duty; or are a national guard or reservist called to active duty, then you may terminate the Contract by giving written notice to us from the US Government.
What type of transportation is available?
Are pets allowed?
You are welcome to bring your pet fish, with a tank up to 10 gallons.
Do you have quiet hours?
What are your drug and alcohol policies?
- Possession of illegal drugs is prohibited. We do not honor Medicinal Marijuana Cards.
- By state law, residents under 21 years of age may not consume alcohol.
- Residents over 21 years of age may consume alcohol in their apartment or room, but not in the presence of minors or in public areas.