With Isla Vista’s reputation as a party place for students, it can sometimes be difficult to find a quiet place where you can study. You need to find you own sanctuary where you won’t be interrupted and disturbed as much. Here is a countdown of my top five favorite places to study:
5. The beach. This is a good place to go if you have a book/article to read. The sound of the waves is soothing, there is fresh air and you can work on your tan at the same time! Watch out for the tar from the oil rigs, though. Bring a blanket that you don't mind getting a bit dirty.
4. Crushcakes & Cafe. http://crushcakes.com Located at 6533 Trigo Road, Crushcakes has free WiFi, delicious cupcakes and tasty food.
3. UCSB Library. http://www.library.ucsb.edu/about The Davidson Library has lots of space, and is nice and quiet. The downside: if you are a SBCC student, you can’t use their WiFi. The library, just a short bike ride from the Villas, is open on weekends.
2. Starbucks. http://www.starbucks.com/store/12072/ Coffee and free WiFi - all you need for a good study session! The downside is that the Starbucks in Isla Vista (888 Embarcadero Del Norte) is so popular, there may not be a free seat when it’s crowded.
1. SBCC Library. http://library.sbcc.edu The Luria Library is open on weekends. With its coffee shop, free WiFi, outlets for your computer and mobile charger and lots of space, this is my favorite place to study away from home.